Re: [Health] Help: Open Suse installation

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Help: Open Suse installation
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 18:42:02 +0200

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2018, 14:40:52 CEST schrieb Tajwali Khan:

> I am trying to install GNU health on openSUSE 42.3
>
> I click on the openSUSE leap 42.3 on this site :
> https://software.opensuse.org/package/gnuhealth?search_term=gnuhealth
>
> Everything goes fine but in the middle of download give me an error:
>
> An error occurred while initializing the software repository. Repository
> type cant be determined.

I had a look into the ymp file that is generated to install the software. It
is searching for the posts (e.g. ARM) repos as well, and this one creates an
error. I will open a bug on bugzilla.opensuse,org for this

BTW, for Leap 15 it works fine

> What am I doing wrong. Can some please guide me?

As GNU Health comes with the standard distribution, you can just install it
from software management.

Go to System -> YaST -> Softwaremanagement and type 'gnuhealth' in the search
field.

If you prefer the command line:
sudo zypper in gnuhealth

Let me know if this worked.