Re: [Health] Support - Thalamus Server

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Support - Thalamus Server
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 12:45:14 +0000

Hi Emmanuel !

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:10:31 +0800
Gmail <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Luis. Can we install Thalamus on the same device with the
> Gnuhealth server? With Thalamus, can we do CRUD operations and
> manipulate data in the health_laboratory tables? Do you have the
> database dictionary and schema information for us?

Yes, from a technical point of view, you can have all the components of
the GNU Health Federation in a single server. That's what we have in
our demo server. But for production sites, is better to have Thalamus
on a separate server than the nodes and the MongoDB instance.

In addition, you can define which objects to be part of the Federation.

But keep in mind that if you just need the LIMS functionality at your
center, then you can work directly without the Federation functionality.

But...if you are new to GNU Health, and you are not setting up a
federated network, I would start working on the HMIS / LIMS node, where
you setup all the processes for your laboratory. Once you feel
comfortable with it, you can move on to more involved scenarios, such
the Federation.

I have activated the UML graph generation for different models. Here
are two examples related to the Lab test model (level 1 and 2 UMLs)

https://imgur.com/a/rCHBXs7

Hope you find them useful !

Best,
Luis