Re: [Health] Web based client

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Web based client
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:05:49 +0100

Dear Mohammed
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:50:17 +0200
mohamed satti <address@hidden> wrote:

Thank you for your feedback !!
> Dear Luis and Team
> Good day
> I think this topic has been discussed before, but I think the
> Web-based client will increase the spread of GNU Health, Are there
> any chances to re-adopt SAO (Tryton web client) or anther
> specifically developed web client ?

SAO had several issues that make us refrain from adopting it :
* SAO used unsupported jQuery2 libraries, making it vulnerable
* SAO does not support the latest GNU Health HMIS command lines
* SAO does not support GNU Health HMIS plugins (encryption, digital
  signatures, GNU Health camera, ...)
* SAO has a strict dependency on a Tryton the server and its version.
* SAO is specific of Tryton, so it would only apply to the GNU
  Health HMIS nodes.

The GNU Health native client is probably the best for the HMIS in terms
of user experience and desktop integration. Of course, there is always
room for improvement !

As you may know, GNU Health is now an ecosystem composed of
heterogeneous nodes. The GNU Health Federation[1] allows seamless
integration of different systems across an institution, region or
country.

I agree with you that we need a web frontend application for the GNU
Health ecosystem, and that is the GNU Health Federation Portal.
Yesterday I created a task that talks about the functionality of the
portal [2]

That said, we will be very happy to support SAO in the GNU Health
HMIS node if the current issues are solved ! We will evaluate it
for the upcoming GH HMIS 3.6 that will be released Q4 of this 2019.

All the best
Luis

1.- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/GNU_Health_Federation
2.- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health-dev/2019-04/msg00005.html