Re: [Health] next meeting: Wednesday, 16 June 16:00 (WAT/Nigeria) (17:00

From: Yusif Suleiman
Subject: Re: [Health] next meeting: Wednesday, 16 June 16:00 (WAT/Nigeria) (17:00 CEST/Austria / CAT / UTC+2)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:26:29 +0000

Hello Axel, Edgar & All,

127.0.0.1 is your localhost. If you cant ping it, you have a problem with your TCP/IP stack. And it is always the machine you send the ping from.....

>Yes, I can always ping 127.0.0.1. seem no problem with TCP/IP stack.

>The virtual machine network settings are on "bridged network".

For the sake of convenience, use DHCP as configuration method within your guest. From NetworkManager -> Connection ->Details you can see which IP-Address is assigned to your guest system.

> I change the Static IP to DHCP as you suggested. But I can only ping the DHCP IP (192.168.88.34) when the windows computer (host machine) is connected to my router. see attached images, it includes previously static settings: https://paste.opensuse.org/61153366

I assume without connecting to external router, the windows host machine can connect to the VM (Linux) system.

Any Idea is welcome, please.

Yusuf