Re: [Health] gnu-health installation

From: Nuku Ameyibor
Subject: Re: [Health] gnu-health installation
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 23:09:20 +0000

Dear Edgar_,

Thanks for the feedback.
will go through options and contact the people you suggested.
i can send the people in Cameroon an email and we can organize a video call where i can ask them about their experiences.
wiki also contains a lot of information.
i am trying the installation steps  from the wiki.
i recall seeing a docker image some time ago but isn't active anymore.
is there an alternative docker image?
And yes, the customer is from Ghana.
thanks again for help/suggestions!!.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 9:06 PM Edgar_ <edgar@hagenbichler.at> wrote:
Hi Nuku

Am 21.06.2021 um 10:47 schrieb Nuku Ameyibor:
> hi all,
>
> i hope you are well.
> I have someone who is interested in using gnu-health but wants
> information about it.
Great!
> mainly the experience of running it in production and as well as the
> common issues which may occur.
> I have tried out the trython client and connected to the demo database
> and seen some of the features but wanted some opinions from people who
> have used it in production.
As I see from your LinkedIn profile, you are located in Ghana, aren´t
you? Is the person who is interested in GNUHealth also from Ghana? At
https://www.gnuhealth.org/ you find some projects that could be near to
you, e.g. in Cameroon Bafia or Bikop Hospital.
> i also wanted to know what options you recommend for training the
> staff at the clinic.
Thymbra with Luis Falcon and BlueRoses with Armand Mpassy are experts in
this topic, as well as Axel Braun from AXXITE. You could also take a
look at https://hagenbichler.at/onlineseminar.html and ask people from
there for online training with videoconferencing.
> Also any other information about gnu-health will be very welcome.
You find the documentation at https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health.
You can use GNUHealth with a Raspberry4 with complete images from
https://www.gnuhealth.org/downloads/embedded/raspberry/rpi4/ or from
https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE There is even an easy way
to install it within Oracle Virtual box.
> thanks!!.

You are welcome!

Edgar Hagenbichler