Re: [Health] My GNU Health merely crashes...

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] My GNU Health merely crashes...
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:10:47 +0100

Hi, Kevin

Thanks for the update! Some remarks inline.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 16:28:19 -0400
Kevin Cole <dc.loco@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, but... no joy. After purging all the PySide2 / Shiboken2
> packages, I installed via pip:
>
> $ sudo pip install PySide2

Is better to avoid installing system-wide (root user) when using
pip, Things can get quite messy. I would remove it (pip --unistall
PySide2) and try the package.

> Collecting PySide2
>
> $ mygnuhealth
> Initializing MyGNUHealth version 1.0.4
> Directory exists... skipping
> Found myGNUHealth configuration file.. skipping
> Verifying MyGNUHealth Database.....
> MyGNUHealth DB exists.. skipping
> QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
> file:///home/.../.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mygnuhealth/qml/main.qml:28:1:
> module "org.kde.kirigami" is not installed

The PySide2 library does not bundle Kirigami.

> $ pip3 install --user --upgrade MyGNUHealth
> Requirement already up-to-date: MyGNUHealth in
> /home/.../.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (1.0.4)

So it seems like the package was already installed

Try cleaning $HOME/.cache (some users had issues with ~/.cache and core
dumps on KDE).

What desktop environment are you using?

If after doing all that and installing the updated libs you still have
issues, I will find some time and do a local installation on
Pop!_OS and find out what's going on :)

Best
Luis