RE: [Heartlogic-dev] rumination prototype

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] rumination prototype
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:50:15 +0530

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 10:50 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 02:02 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> >> Jesus loves his father. [q]
> >>
> >> ...and then later, they can click on this and see why.  I.e. they would
> >> see the premises which were:
> >>
> >> Sons love their fathers. [p1]
> >> Jesus is God's son. [p2]
> >
> > Hrm, do you want to do this (click to see reasons) for the pilot?
>
> Yes, the would be my moderately strong preference.
>
> We must remember that we are building a platform for doing all sortsa
> experiments.

OK.

The web interface is easy, but we have to load the data into the
database.  In what scriptable format do you want to provide this
information?

> > Hrm, instead of telling me which items you want, why not just modify the
> > attached script?
>
> Sure, will do, but not right now.

One more question, for the reversed items do we tell people after they
rate the item?  For example:

HAL believes the following statement is FALSE:

  Water is lighter than air.

Most experts agree that this statement is highly unbelievable.

If you want it to look like this then we need to store a flag somewhere
indicating that the assertion is reversed.  Hrm.  I'll think about it.

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
 (Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)