[Heartlogic-dev] frustration (was Re: reactions)

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] frustration (was Re: reactions)
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:27:42 +0530

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 19:05 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Okay, wow there is lots of text associated with OperationJoshuaGoal.  It
> looks impressive.  I have many detailed reactions.  Part of me
> just wants to go at it and edit away.  But I don't want to do an
> edit that you do not like.  Yes, yes, we get the email saying what
> has changed but it can be hard to quickly grok and I do not completey
> trust it.  Thus, I would not want you heavily editing something that
> I feel some sort of ownership of....An alternative is for me to propose
> edits and get permission to make them.
>
> I am also REALLY liking this wiki business.  Aren't you?

The wiki is working much better than I expected.

>   For example, we
> have a lot of text associated with Op Joshua Goal and it won't be hard to
> turn it into a paper.

Agreed.  When I get frustrated with you, I have often thought that, "To
hell with Bill, I have enough material to write a conference paper.
I'll just do that!"

> So, which do you prefer?

I think we have to slog through things one step at a time.  Despite my
frustration, I acknowledge that your feedback has helped me clarify my
thinking and improved my presentation dramatically.