[Heartlogic-dev] how to format deductions?

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] how to format deductions?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:05:31 -0500 (CDT)

Joshua,

I adopted the following from my dissertation...

Suppose a boy wants some orange juice.  At bedtime his dad makes him
some hot chocolate.  Marvin believes the boy would be happy because
the boy did not get what he wanted.

...or worst case, easiest to implement option is to just treatm this
like a normal item.  In which case, our participants would see...

Marvin the robot believes:

<i>Suppose a boy wants some orange juice.  At bedtime his dad makes him
some hot chocolate.  Marvin believes the boy would be happy because
the boy did not get what he wanted.</i>

Rate the believability of the statement.

...of course that is suboptimal.  So can we special case these?  Here
is what might fly...

Suppose the following is true:

A boy wants some orange juice.  At bedtime his dad makes him some hot
chocolate.

Marvin the robot believes:

        The boy would be happy because the boy did not get what he
        wanted.

Rate the believability of that statement.

...if that is doable great.  If not, we'll just live with it.

Bill