[Heartlogic-dev] neutral desirability ambiguity

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] neutral desirability ambiguity
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:17:54 +0530

There are two reasons (only two?) which lead to neutral desirability.

1. don't have topic and feel indifferent
2. want topic and already have it

An example of (2): Every evening, Mommy reads Toby a book. She gives him
a brief massage and tucks him into bed. She pats his back until he falls
asleep. Tody falls asleep. Mommy watches Toby's chest rise and fall
as he rests peacefully.  (TOPIC is peace)

OHL currently uses a sentence template closer to (1).

What I don't want to do is make the template even more cumbersome with
something like, "I feel indifferent about topic or I feel the presence
of topic."  That is too confusing.

So what I'm thinking about doing is making the distinction an attribute
of the goal topic.  So when creating a topic, you specify which sentence
template to use for neutral desirability.

The two sentence templates are:

1. I feel indifferent about topic.
2. I feel the presence of topic.

Is the wording for (2) reasonable?  Can anyone think of anything better?