help-3dldf

Re: [help-3dldf] installing

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: [help-3dldf] installing
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:14:51 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Laurence Finston wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Richard Landis wrote:
>
> > checking for bison... no
>
> This is a problem.  You need to install GNU Bison.
> Actually, Bison and Flex (see below) should be preinstalled on any
> GNU/Linux system.

Actually, you don't need Bison, because the files generated by Bison are
included in the distribution.  I am now including `prbsnflx.c++' in the
distribution, too.  This is the only file which requires Flex in order to
be generated.  I've left the tests for the presence of Bison and Flex in
the `configure.ac' file, which is used for generating the `configure'
script.  However, it shouldn't matter if the tests fail.

> > checking for byacc... no
>
> I don't know what this is.  I don't think it's a problem, though.
> If fixing the other problems doesn't help, we can look at it again.

`yacc' is the name of the compiler generator that Bison is based on.  So
`byacc' may be another name for `bison', or a similar program.  It's not
anything to worry about.

Laurence