Re: [Help-bash] The difference between 'if cond; then' and 'cond && {'

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] The difference between 'if cond; then' and 'cond && {'
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 09:58:36 -0500

On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 08:46:02AM -0600, Peng Yu wrote:
> I don't think this guideline is complete. If the then-branch and
> else-branch guarantees to have return status 0, [...]

Name for us the commands that have a guaranteed exit status of 0.

Then tell us which of these commands you are using in your ill-advised
hackery, in the THEN-part of an if statement.  And be sure to tell us why.

Oh wait, never mind.  It's YOU.  You never tell ANYONE why you are doing
ANYTHING.

So, forget that part.  Because while it would be to your IMMENSE and
IMMEDIATE benefit, you are too smug, smarmy, overconfident, cocky and
stupid to actually perform that exercise.  Just like always.

Go on, wallow in your continued and irremediable ignorance.  This will
be my last direct reply to any of your emails, because you are going on
my email ignore list now.  Congratulations.