Re: [Help-bash] Any way to make commenting one command in a long pipelin

From: Chris F.A. Johnson
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Any way to make commenting one command in a long pipeline easy
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 02:24:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019, Peng Yu wrote:

Hi,

cmd1 | cmd 2 | ... | cmdn

Suppose that I have a long pipeline like the above. I'd like to
comment out a cmd (say cmdi) from the pipeline.

Although I can break the pipeline in multiple lines, I can not comment
out a command in the middle.

cmd1 | \
 cmd2 | \
 cmdn

Is there an easy way to comment out a command in a pipeline? Thanks.

  cmd1 | ## comment
    cmd2 | ## comment
       cmd3

The backslashes are unnecessary.