Is it necessary to enable /etc/bashrc_Apple_Terminal on Mac?

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Is it necessary to enable /etc/bashrc_Apple_Terminal on Mac?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 03:06:25 +0800

Hi,

When I use Terminal.app, I feel it is a little slower than iTerm2.app.
/etc/bashrc_Apple_Terminal is only used by Terminal.app. All it does
seem to be related to history and session. I am not sure how necessary
this is given bash can handle history anyway. What is your suggestion
on this?

https://gist.github.com/floam/f535842a16226e77d014d67bade2b2f3

How to disable the loading of /etc/bashrc_Apple_Terminal in
Terminal.app? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Peng