Re: reset key bindings

From: Andrey Butirsky
Subject: Re: reset key bindings
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 04:03:48 +0300

On 03.01.2020 03:57, Chet Ramey wrote:
On 1/2/20 7:02 PM, Andrey Butirsky wrote:

If you want something internal to do it, maybe start by specifying the
behavior in some kind of detailed way. That way, we would have something
to discuss and determine whether it would be useful enough to implement.

FYI: Zsh has the desired  facility:

|       bindkey [ options ] -d||
||              -d     Delete all existing keymaps and reset to the default
state.|

What does that implementation say about the answers to the questions I had
in my initial message? We can use those to set an initial set of requirements.

I'm really sorry since it was my request, but I'm afraid I'm not ready to look into the Zsh implementation right now.