Re: Making copies of files

From: michael-franzese
Subject: Re: Making copies of files
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 22:06:39 +0200

> Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 at 7:10 AM
> From: "Greg Wooledge" <greg@wooledge.org>
> To: help-bash@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Making copies of files
>
> > > In the real world, hardly anyone does things on their own.  Schools
> > > shouldn't
> > > either.  In the real world, taking advantage of an opportunity is the
> > > secret
> > > of business success.  Exactly the opposite of scholastic instruction.
> >
> > Can you please explain what you concretely mean by "schools shouldn't
> > either"?
>
> To me, it sounds like he's proposing that schools should teach you how
> to get other people to do your work for you.  Which is a fine strategy
> unless *everyone* does it, in which case there will be nobody who
> actually knows how to do the work left in the entire world.

Well, until you get knowledgeable enough to answer other people's questions.
I only know of few people that don't talk to anyone.  It was a rather simple
question and was not looking to frustrate you.  In my field of work I try to
help
rather than telling others that the reason they do not know is because they are
lazy.  We all need advisors if we are to progress without repeating the mistakes
or toil of those before us.  Believe me that many in computing are lazy and
prefer
to automate, which is good ;)