Re: Calling a function with a shorter name

From: Eli Schwartz
Subject: Re: Calling a function with a shorter name
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 22:24:18 -0400

On 4/13/21 10:18 PM, michael-franzese@gmx.com wrote:
> It is not really about saving a few bytes, but because it also takes
> parameters
> and have the call chtcolr several times, I could use a shortcut and just add a
> comment that I am calling chtcolr.

Both functions and aliases do take parameters, though functions are
better at that (because they process them as $1 etc. while aliases
simply expand and leave parameters as regular words following the final
command/word in the alias).

I'm not sure what you mean here.

> If I simply call it 'ct', everything becomes very cryptic.

But you're already calling it "ct", on lines 488/489 of the script which
isn't your test one. Isn't that cryptic too?

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User