Re: case statement with non-consecutive numbers

From: Eli Schwartz
Subject: Re: case statement with non-consecutive numbers
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 18:38:22 -0400

On 4/15/21 6:26 PM, Dennis Williamson wrote:
> Forgive me for failing to recognize that portability has no gradations.

The word "portable" in unix shell scripting does very much tend to be
associated with that inherently biased meaning, so yes, if you're going
to throw that word around you should qualify it.

Or, possibly, skip mentioning "portability" and get to the point:

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User