cyclomatic complexity

From: steve-humphreys
Subject: cyclomatic complexity
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 02:58:17 +0200

I am trying to determine if a cyclomatic complexity of a program.
Am picking up the function declarations in functional notation
function-name(a,b,c) with parameters separated by commas.

I would like to pick the function name from a string "function-name(a,b,c)"
and then try to match that with a series of function names.  If there's a
match, I would like to perform a sequence of operations.

Could use an "if" statement using [[ $string =~ "function-name" ]].

But need some suggestions and same good directions to follow.

Many Thanks