Re: Terminal blinking cursor changing colour

From: Koichi Murase
Subject: Re: Terminal blinking cursor changing colour
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 09:16:15 +0900

2021年4月20日(火) 8:09 <steve-humphreys@gmx.com>:
> Is it possible the change the colour of the blinking cursor in terminal
> in a way that a new colour is displayed after every blink?

No terminals support such cursors, and I think no terminals would
support it.  Why do you need to show the cursor in such a way?  If it
is really necessary, maybe you can implement blinking by yourself
using SM(25)/RM(25) (show/hide cursor) and OSC(12) (change cursor
color).  But not so many terminals support OSC(12).  Some other
terminals may provide their own sequences to change the cursor color,
such as RLCURCOL of RLogin.

--
Koichi