Make googler faster

From: Julius Hamilton
Subject: Make googler faster
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 22:46:43 +0200

I am calling a command from inside Vim which respectively calls googler, a
command line google utility.

In Vim, this is:
:r! googler search-term

I am wondering if there is any way to time how long this takes, in bash.
Perhaps it could return the results, plus a message at the bottom with the
time it took.

Also, I was wondering about ways to make this faster. I'm curious which
stage of its execution takes the most time, and why. If I switched to a
system with more RAM, could the script execute faster, or is it perhaps the
way the search results are retrieved that makes it slightly slow?

Thanks very much,
Julius