Re: Passing list of filename suffixes to script.

From: Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri
Subject: Re: Passing list of filename suffixes to script.
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 20:50:10 +0200

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 07:20:59PM +0200, dora-solomon@brusseler.com wrote:
> From: Alex fxmbsw7 Ratchev <fxmbsw7@gmail.com>
> To: dora-solomon@brusseler.com
> Subject: Re: Passing list of filename suffixes to script.
> Date: 24/07/2021 19:15:49 Europe/Paris
> Cc: Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org>;
>    help-bash <help-bash@gnu.org>
>
> what is the goal
>
> rsync --exclude list and --accept list together for few elements ?
>

> Yes.  But the possibilities of CVS with ,v got suggested by users.

It's possible that it was me that asked how you would handle a ,v
filename suffix, because you initially, on the Unix&Linux forum (if
I'm not mistaken), suggested passing comma-delimited lists of filename
suffixes.  I'm not one of your users.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/659743/passing-exclude-and-include-file-type-extensions-to-grep

I had a bit of difficulties understanding what the end goal was there
too, as you were very secretive about your requirements (which seemed to
be shifting).

Regards,

--
Andreas (Kusalananda) Kähäri