Re: Avoid sourcing bashrc when connected to sockets

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: Avoid sourcing bashrc when connected to sockets
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 14:01:54 -0500

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 10:31:21AM -0800, Andrew Gregory wrote:
> On 02/14/22 at 11:11am, Chet Ramey wrote:
> > You might also want to tell your vendor about this, since they built bash
> > with the non-standard option that enables this behavior.
>
> Can you explain this?  Looking at the package build script[1] and the bash
> source, nothing stands out to me as specifically enabling this behavior.

I don't know Arch, but Debian does it by applying a patch:

https://sources.debian.org/src/bash/5.1-2/debian/patches/deb-bash-config.diff/

The last piece of that patch sets the SSH_SOURCE_BASHRC macro in the
config-top.h file, which is what enables the feature.  I would guess
that Arch does something similar, with whatever system of source code
patches it uses.