Re: how to assert user input to fifo to then read from it

From: Dennis Williamson
Subject: Re: how to assert user input to fifo to then read from it
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 07:14:21 -0500

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 4:39 AM Alex fxmbsw7 Ratchev <fxmbsw7@gmail.com>
wrote:

> im doing some apt update cmds script
> in there i realized i need detached input for , when as dedicated auto
> updater used , a question appears , to answer this
> ( seeing by log then reacting to via printf to fifo , and checking then log
> further )
>
> the script yet is attached
> the in question is line 20 , it does exec <"$fi"
> .. and my question is what previously to exec to put scripts stdin ( may
> not be tty .. ? ) into that fifo , then that the exec < that_fifo
>
> understood halfways ?
>
> // greets , alex xmb

Chances are you need to select the correct options for your apt commands
rather than trying to inject input.

Look up how to use DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive and Dpkg::Options and
seek further help in a Debian or apt forum.

--
Visit serverfault.com to get your system administration questions answered.