Re: pushd doesn't play nicely with spaces

From: Douglas Lewan
Subject: Re: pushd doesn't play nicely with spaces
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 09:07:40 -0500

On 21/01/2023 15:04, Chet Ramey wrote:
On 1/21/23 6:24 AM, Douglas Lewan wrote:
The bash built-in pushd doesn't seem to be able to handle spaces well in directory names. It goes into an infinite loop with lots of errors. (Perhaps not infinite, but I'm never patient enough to wait.)

I can't reproduce this.

Well, darn. Now, in a controlled environment I can't either. I'll try to remember to look more closely when this happens again.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

--
,Doug

Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied. - Otto
von Bismarck