hyphen in a command

From: Jeffrey Martin
Subject: hyphen in a command
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 05:17:19 -1000

Hi all.
I'm using this version which came with Linux Mint:
GNU bash, version 5.1.16(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

When I try to run this executable with a hyphen it doesn't like it and
tries to run docker instead of docker-compose. It runs it fine when I put
in the full path.
Is this a bug or a feature?
Thanks

dogshed@Haili:~$ docker-compose up
docker: 'compose' is not a docker command.
See 'docker --help'

dogshed@Haili:~/Desktop/project$ /usr/bin/docker-compose up
Creating network "project_default" with the default driver
ERROR: could not find an available, non-overlapping IPv4 address pool among
the defaults to assign to the network
dogshed@Haili:~/Desktop/project$

--
Jeffrey John Martin