Cleaning up bash releases at first directory level

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Cleaning up bash releases at first directory level
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 21:41:41 +0000

I would much value that tho bash manual includes a chapter about installing
new version.  For instance I need to use some new feature from "Bash 5.2" but
looking at the bash tree, there are a lot of files.

In Emacs for instance, one would find a limited number of files at the first
directory level.  It is easy to understand because one will find only the
important parts for users.  Basically readme, install, autogen, configure,
changelogs, copying,

Not so for Bash 5.2.  Where at the first directory level one is barraged with a
multitude of source files, rather than sticking with the ones needed for
installation only.  I would appreciate if things would be cleaned up.