Re: Special PATH variable for sourcing scripts?

From: Matheus Afonso Martins Moreira
Subject: Re: Special PATH variable for sourcing scripts?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 02:12:08 +0000

> Instead of diving into the semantics of what counts as a "library,"
> how about we just consider different variable names? BASH_SOURCE_PATH?
> SOURCE_PATH?

Sure. I think BASH_SOURCE_PATH is great.
It denotes the fact it is specific to
both bash and the source builtin.

> Sourcing reusable code seems fine.

I agree, the source builtin is good.
It can even pass arguments to the scripts.

> How else would it work?

I suppose creating a dedicated builtin for this
is also an option. Just like the enable builtin
which I saw in the documentation. I thought that
was where discussion was heading for a moment there.