Re: example problem

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: example problem
Date: 21 Sep 2000 17:33:46 +0200

| I am trying to learn how to use BISON.  I have the manual for BISON Version
| 1.25, have installed BISON-1.28, and am running on a SUN workstation.  I am
| trying to run the first example, Reverse Polish Notation Calculator, in the
| manual.
|
| When I run a session with rpcalc, I get incorrect output.  For example, the
| following happens
|
| 4 9 +
|       1.07394953e-314
|
| I have checked every line of code for and error and believe I have typed the
| code just as it is in the manual.
|
| I would appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of where to look for
my
| error.
|
| Thank you very much.
|
| Mary Heidt

My guess is that it's printf that's wrong.  Be sure to prototype
everything.  Set up a good yyprint, and use YYDEBUG and yydebug to
check that the scanner and the parser agree on the meaning of yylval.
Be sure to switch on as many warnings as you can from your compiler.

If it still does not work, please, build a tarball somewhere with the
full example, and send it to me <address@hidden>.