Question on licensing terms for flex- and bison-generated software

From: JUAN ESTEBAN JARAMILLO MONSALVE
Subject: Question on licensing terms for flex- and bison-generated software
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 13:01:14 -0500

Hello,

Currently I work on a research project to enable the visualization of
mathematics using computer graphics.

I plan to use Flex and Bison to generate the lexical analyzer and
parser (respectively) for the mathematical equations.
Then I'd like to port these programs to C++ and integrate it with the
rest of the project.

My question is:
Does these lexical analyzer and parser created using software released
under the GNU General Public License are also subject to
redistribution and/or modification under the terms of the GNU General
Public License?

I'd appreciate a reply.

Thank you.

Juan E. Jaramillo