RE: BISON To Represent BASIC Grammer

From: chris . cranford
Subject: RE: BISON To Represent BASIC Grammer
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:47:05 -0400

On 4/15/2004 8:43 PM, address@hidden wrote to CHRIS CRANFORD:

-> > On the one hand, there has not been much questions about BASIC in this
-> > group in the past. On the other hand, if people are willing
-> > to make various examples, that might be useful.
->
-> I'm partially along the path of making an example.  Mine does not
-> generate any bytecode whatsoever and I don't intend to make it do so,
-> its main (and only) feature is that it is slightly more complex than a
-> calculator.

Sounds good.  There actually is a great article I found on flipcode.com that
gave an eight article paper on how to develop a bytecode compiler and then
implement it's virtual machine that explained everything in great detail
with examples.  They used bison and flex to create the lexer and parser
engine.

Thanks,
Chris