Re: Exceeded limits of %dprec/%merge?

From: Derek M Jones
Subject: Re: Exceeded limits of %dprec/%merge?
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:58:32 +0100

Joel,

Define the interface of this new function and how it should be declared.
The current definition of yyreportAmbiguity + the necessary changes
to implement the functionality of a merge.

Can you be more specific? Would it be declared in the definitions section or alongside specific rules? Can you give an example declaration demonstrating both the yyreportAmbiguity and merge functionality?

Given that there will only be one instance of it perhaps it should
go on the first rule?

TU: program ;  %ambiguity <my_reportAmbiguity>

It could also go in the definitions section:

%ambiguity my_reportAmbiguity

I don't see any advantage for either way of specifying it.
The function prototype might be:

YYSTYPE my_reportAmbiguity(yySemanticOption *yyx0,
                           yySemanticOption *yyx1,
                           yyGLRStack *yyStack,
                           YYSTYPE yyZ0,
                           YYSTYPE yyZ1)
{

return yyZ0;
}

--
Derek M. Jones                              tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                      mailto:address@hidden