Re: warning: unused value: $3

From: henrik . sorensen
Subject: Re: warning: unused value: $3
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:13:00 +0200

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 21:22, Hans Aberg wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2006, at 17:05, address@hidden wrote:
> > My grammar set a number of attributes in an allocated structure
> > using $0 to
> > reference the structure on the stack. The full rules are as follow
> > procoption:
> >         MAIN { if(setTristateAttribute(&($<pol>0)->main,1)<0)
> > YYERROR; }
> I think you should take away the use of $0, because it may no longer

This I find a bit disturbing, but thanks for the warning.
Are there anywhere a list of removal of features from Bison?

> be guaranteed, in view of that Bison is switching to other types of
> containers than an underlying array.
but should the container still support the $0 notation ?

> Then you mid-rule action becomes
> unnecessary.
is there any recommendations for the best solution for this kind of parsing ?

it is a shame though, because the checking, setting of the parsed values are
now tied together in just the parser rule.

>    Hans Aberg
Henrik