Re: Building a project derived fro GNU Bison

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Building a project derived fro GNU Bison
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:02:20 +0100

On 11 Mar 2009, at 12:08, Tommy Nordgren wrote:

I'm trying to derive my own project from bison, because I
want to modify the input language in a backwards-incompatible way,
and substitute the current output-generation code with more general one.
I intend to write a programmable backend that can be programmed in
Python, Ruby, and Java.

It might be easier to integrate your extensions into the Bison distribution, as it now supports Java, and other languages could be added if somebody is willing to do it. Some extensions to the grammar input language have also been discussed (like to EBNF). Such discussions would then be on the Bug-Bison.

  Hans Aberg