Re: Localized precedence declarations

From: Michiel Helvensteijn
Subject: Re: Localized precedence declarations
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:37:52 +0200

On Tuesday 23 June 2009, you wrote:

> > It's now 6 years and a bit later. Has this problem been solved in
> > Bison in the
> > mean time? Because I can not even find a mention of this in the
> > manual.
>
> Not, it has not been solved, and that is still a todo.  But there are
> currently many on-going changes in Bison, it is unlikely that we will
> find time to scope precedence/associativity declarations in the short
> term.  Contributions are most welcome :)

I understand, of course.

I am pretty stretched myself at the moment, so I will not be able to
contribute right now. I might take a shot at it when I have some more time.
Of course, I would have to become familiar with the Bison code, which may be
a big time investment.

You wouldn't happen to know of a workaround to my problem? A way to accomplish
what I need without changing Bison? (See my reply to Hans for a more detailed
explanation of my problem.)

Thanks!

(Thanks to Hans too, for his reply!)

--