Re: Stopping as soon as a valid symbol is read

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Stopping as soon as a valid symbol is read
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:32:57 +0200

Le 25 juil. 2011 à 16:22, Ludovic Courtès a écrit :

> However, with a pure API, I don’t see how to get yyresult back from user
> code?  The code snippet in the manual pushes tokens but never asks for
> the result.

If you dive into the generated code, you might find something useful, but
certainly not easy to use.  Since Bison keeps everything in a stack of unions,
don't expect to find the "current result" (whatever that means) easy to get
with the right type.  If you need such a feature, it is certainly safer and
easier for you to have your own variable keep track of the value you want to
track, and maintain it in your actions.