Re: new pacification suggestion?

From: Uxio Prego
Subject: Re: new pacification suggestion?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 21:30:35 +0000

> On 20 Nov 2018, at 20:32, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 11/20/18 12:01 PM, Akim Demaille wrote:
>> -    if (false)
>> +    if ((false))
>
> This goes too far. If clang is warning about this sort of thing, then we
> should disable that clang warning. Again, compilers should be our servants,
> not our masters.

Oh, actually I couldn't care less about dead code.

I'm not sure, but I suspect it was switched on because Xcode
defaulted to, so I was now slightly worried about it.

However, as I was checking everything again, I realized it rests
as a configuration key in the part of the project configuration for
the IDE which is normally under version control (FTR,
CLANG_WARN_UNREACHABLE_CODE in buildSettings in an
XCBuildConfiguration object of the objects key of the root object,
in PROJECT.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj).

I had overlooked the way the related IDE configuration resides
in VCS, in this sense.

Sorry for the noise,