Further C++ operators for position

From: Matthew Fernandez
Subject: Further C++ operators for position
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 20:27:54 -0800

Hello Bison folk,

I recently had a use case for comparing source positions coming out of a C++
Bison-produced parser. While operator== and operator!= are implemented on the
position class [0], the ordering operators (<, <=, >, >=) are not. It was
relatively straightforward to implement these myself, but I was wondering if
these were of wider use and should live upstream in Bison’s position
implementation. Perhaps there is some history behind this or some deliberate
omission of these operators? Just wanted to ask if there’s a reason these don’t
already exist before thinking about posting a patch. I’m not subscribed to the
list, so please CC me in replies.

Thanks,
Matthew

  [0]: