Re: Parsing a language with optional spaces

From: Christian Schoenebeck
Subject: Re: Parsing a language with optional spaces
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 22:17:13 +0200

On Montag, 6. Juli 2020 21:48:19 CEST Maury Markowitz wrote:
> > On Jul 6, 2020, at 1:30 PM, Christian Schoenebeck
> > <schoenebeck@crudebyte.com> wrote: Which would resolve that ambiguity of
> > your example, if it actually exists, as I have never seen "FOREX" as
> > valid BASIC loop definition before, if there is, sources for that
> > specification appreciated.
>
> BASIC Computer Games, Super Star Trek, page 159, line 530:
>
> 530 FORI=1TO9:C(I,1)=0:C(I,2)=0:NEXTI
>
> Super Star Trek is one of the best test codes you can find, it has an
> example of practically every construct in "standard" BASIC, with the
> exception of "GO TO" as opposed to "GOTO", which some considered to be a
> separate token (likely those from houses with prior JOSS/FOCAL experience).

Ok, no idea where one can see the original code (if public at all). I just
found this:

http://newton.freehostia.com/hp/bas/TREKPT.txt

which uses 'LET' keyword in front of all variable assignments. But it is
probably a modified code, as it uses clean white spaces around all 'for'
keywords as well. [shrug]

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck