Re: Parsing '\x00' -- appears to be the only thing preventing parsing bi

From: Stephen Taylor
Subject: Re: Parsing '\x00' -- appears to be the only thing preventing parsing binary data
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 11:30:00 -0400

Thanks John, but the whole point is to try to leverage the internal tables and
mechanisms that exist in Bison …. In particular the yytranslate[] table…. And
to be able to write rules that use *all* the hex codes which flex -8 is
supposed to pass along e.g.

R : ‘\x9f’ ‘\xfe’ | ‘\xff’ | ‘\x00’ ;

As well as succinctly express notions such as “any byte” — without listing
every possible 8-bit value and having to check against them to accept a byte.