Re: Module variables being set late

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: Module variables being set late
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:59:44 -0600

Ugh.  I tried something like that, and it still didn't help-- what I need to
run prior-to is in an imported file.   (The "imports always run last" thing
makes me nuts-- it isn't really last, and since it is outside of the
actionsequence you can't control *when* it runs.)

So it looks like this:

cfagent.conf

                |- cf.import1
                |               \- Run MyModule which sets "MyModuleRan" class

                |-cf.import2
                                \- Something that depends on "MyModuleRan"

What I was hoping was that dotting the clas sonto the module action line
("module:MyModule.someclass") would cause the reset of cfengine to get the
hint that this class's dependencies must run AFTER the module.  That doesn't
seem to work.

Of course, the *real* fix would be if things just ran in the place where I
asked them to run.  I'm once again a victim of the multiple passes....