RE: copy:: problem

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: copy:: problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:32:31 -0600

I had a similar experience once, I think the d2 says it all... it thinks
you are trying to copy the same file/dir within the ifelapsed time
frame. Sometimes locks are not our friends.

Not sure which version you are using, but mark added the ifelapsed and
expiresafter options to each action so I think you could try to do

ifelapsed=0 on each copy.

I think I solved this problem with:

         $(server_jar_dir) dest=$(cots_lib_dir)
                                r=inf
                                syslog=true
                                          include=saaj-api.jar
                                          include=commons-logging.jar
                                          include=saaj-ri.jar
                                mode=$(readMode)
                                type=binary
                                server=$(policyhost)
                                trustkey=true
                                purge=false

it's a bit more compact and cfengine only see's it as one copy,
eliminating the need for an ifelased on each stanza.

As for why cfengine "locks" your subsequent copies, duno. Maybe someone
else can speak to the logic behind it.

dest=$(cots_lib_dir)/saaj-api.jar
>                                r=inf
>                                syslog=true
>                                mode=$(readMode)
>                                type=binary
>                                server=$(policyhost)
>                                trustkey=true
>                                purge=false
>
>         $(server_jar_dir)/commons-logging.jar
> dest=$(cots_lib_dir)/commons-logging.jar
>                                r=inf
>                                syslog=true
>                                mode=$(readMode)
>                                type=binary
>                                server=$(policyhost)
>                                trustkey=true
>                                purge=false
>
>         $(server_jar_dir)/saaj-ri.jar dest=$(cots_lib_dir)/saaj-ri.jar
>                                r=inf
>                                syslog=true
>                                mode=$(readMode)
>                                type=binary
>                                server=$(policyhost)
>                                trustkey=true
>                                purge=false
>
> Where $(server_jar_dir) expands to
> /home/cmbuild/cvs-source/2004-01-19/server/jar/ and $(cots_lib_dir)
> expands to /var/cfengine/files/sparc/psf/paytool_1_4_0_0/cots_lib/,
the
> first and second file both copy, but the third does not. The same
> pattern holds if I swap the first and third directives: if saaj-ri.jar
> is first and saaj-api.jar is third, saaj-ri.jar and
commons-logging.jar
> are copied, but saaj-api.jar is not. If I move commons-logging.jar up
> first place or down to third, the pattern follows the saaj-* files:
the
> first saaj-* jar is copied, but the second is not. This is logged at
-d 2:

> Checking copy from localhost:/home/cmbuild/cvs-source/2004-01-
> 19//server/jar/saaj-ri.jar to
> /var/cfengine/files/sparc/psf/paytool_1_4_0_0/cots_lib/saaj-ri.jar
> Authentic connection verified

GetLock(copy,_home_cmbuild_cvs_source_2004_01_19__server_jar_sa__var_cfe
ng