Re: Copy Times for Remote Copy

From: Reenen Kroukamp
Subject: Re: Copy Times for Remote Copy
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:11:03 +0200

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:45:01AM -0400, Andrew Greenwood wrote:
> Doesn't seem to be an issue with the network.. The SCP sends a 371MB

Try doing the copy in both directions, eg:

        scp bigfile remote_server:
        scp remote_server:bigfile .

> file in 30secs.. Perhaps it is due to copying so many files??

Yes lots of files will cause delays. I concur with whoever suggested
rsync. It is definately the tool of choice for this kind of thing.

The delay _is_ quite big though. More details? Number of files,
sizes, OS, file system?

-Reenen

--
Reenen C Kroukamp <reenen@qualica.com>