PurgeOldConnections()

From: Iain Morgan
Subject: PurgeOldConnections()
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:39:47 -0700 (PDT)

HI all,

Currently, the PurgeOldConnections() routine in cfservd.c purges stale
connections after two hours. The only way to adjust this timeout is by
tweaking the code directly. I'm wonderidng if it would be useful to
others if that timeout were configurable via an option in the cfservd.conf.

The issue that I'm attempting to address with this is the re-reading of the
cfservd.conf. If there is a stale connection hanging around, it may take up
to two hours before any changes to the cfservd.conf take affect. That can
be problematic for some uses of cfengine.

In our case, we use cfengine as a central part of our OS installation
procedures. Before installing a system, a TrustKeysFrom entry is added
for the specific IP address and then removed after the OS install. If
there is a stale connection, this cnage may not take affect soon enough.

--
Iain Morgan
NAS Desktop Support Group