Editfiles on missing files

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Editfiles on missing files
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:16:47 -0500

I've got several situations where I am editing a file, but if it doesn't exist
I'm okay with that.  To avoid errors, I currently have to do a FileExists()
and then use the results of that to control the editfiles block.  This is a
little tedious and does an extra stat... it would be Really Great if we could
have a "MissingOK" option (kinda like the opposite of AutoCreate) that
supresses the error message.

I tried writing a patch for this but it appears to be more complicated than it
looks.  Any ambitious folk out there with better C skills than I think this
is a good idea?

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator