RE: Lack of output

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: Lack of output
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:50:04 -0500

>       I'm not sure what you mean about the inittab bit, but here's
what
> I suggest: use one of the following, but *not both*:
> -     Use cron to run cfagent (not cfexecd)
> -     Run cfexecd from your init scripts, and don't run it from cron
>       (this is the recommended option)

I actually run cfagent in both init and cron. The cfexecd run from init
does nothing but ensure that the appropriate line in cron exists, and
that cron is running. The cfexecd run from cron does all the work. I
chose this after being disappointed with lockups (though infrequent) in
cfagent for what ever reason.

If I had stuff scheduled, and cfagent was locked up, the next interval
would not happen, preventing many of my cron replacement jobs from
running. Now all my cron type jobs run out of cfagent run from the cron
invocation.

Get it 8-)