Looking for cfagent parameter...

From: Mark
Subject: Looking for cfagent parameter...
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:33:40 -0700

Hi,

I just had the problem that cfservd on the master was started with the wrong
config file and therefore would not authenticate the
client that was running cfagent. I got:

"cfengine:: Server returned error:  Host authentication failed. Did you forget
the domain name or IP/DNS address registration (for
ipv4 or ipv6)?"

The client was running with the parameters "-Kqf <file>". It finished, but did
not tell me that it was not able to execute the copy
commands due to the fact that the server would not authenticate it properly.
How can I have cfagent tell me that the copy action
failed? I do not want to use "-v" because cfagent is running in ran by cron, so
I do not want any emails with the debug if there is
not a real problem with cfagent, but in this case I would like to have an error
message, since I consider this an error...

Whats the best way to get this?

Thanks,

MARK