Re: authentication errors.

From: Russell . Conner
Subject: Re: authentication errors.
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:40:24 -0700

*sigh* Well, FMD with a jackhammer.

Sorry to bother you all, plain sight  tpyo in my control section I have
been missing for several days now...

masterinput vrs master_input ... the fact that $(master_input) was not
extrapolated out in the output should have tipped me off.

say... just a thought... shouldn't that throw a "macro not defined" error
or something? For those of us who aren't too bright?

Russell Conner
Systems Engineer, VMS & Unix Systems
Health Net, Inc.
(916)935-3610

|         |           Christian Pearce |
|         |           <pearcec@perfecto|
|         |           rder.com>        |
|         |           04/22/2005 10:27 |

  |       To:       Russell.Conner@healthnet.com
                                                 |
  |       cc:       help-cfengine@gnu.org
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: authentication errors.

Is it me or is $(master_input) not actually defined in your cfservd.conf
file.  Cfengine will give a generic authorization/authentication error
no matter what problem.  So it gives error a client error because the
file doesn't exist.

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 10:21 -0700, Russell.Conner@healthnet.com wrote:
> *worthless output sniped*
>
> Russell Conner
> Systems Engineer, VMS & Unix Systems
> Health Net, Inc.
> (916)935-3610
>

> |---------+---------------------------------------------------------->
> |         |           Mark Burgess <Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no>          |
> |         |           Sent by:                                       |
> |         |           help-cfengine-bounces+russell.conner=healthnet.|
> |         |           com@gnu.org                                    |
> |         |                                                          |
> |         |                                                          |
> |         |           04/22/2005 10:08 AM                            |
> |         |                                                          |
> |---------+---------------------------------------------------------->

>   |       To:       Kelly Brown <kbbrown@anonymizerinc.com>
|
>   |       cc:       help-cfengine@gnu.org
|
>   |       Subject:  Re: authentication errors.

> Hi Kelly.
>
> Rund cfservd / cfagent with -d2 to see the detailed reason for the
> rejection.

> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 09:58 -0700, Kelly Brown wrote:
> > Hello all:
> >
> > I'm getting some authentication errors every time a client contacts
> > cfservd.  However, everything works ok.  I would like to make the
errors
> > go away if they don't mean anything.  It may be related to the fact
that
> > I have 3 different domains.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Apr 22 09:53:09 cfserver cfservd[17097]:  lstat
> > Apr 22 09:53:09 cfserver cfservd[17097]: Host
> > authorization/authentication failed or access denied
> > Apr 22 09:53:09 cfserver cfservd[17097]: From
> > (host=cfclient.colo.mydomain.com,user=root,ip=::ffff:10.9.1.158)

> This  message,together  with  any  attachments, is
> intended only for the use of the individual or entity
> to which it is addressed. It may contain information
> that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that  any dissemination  or copying of this
> message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
> you have received this message in error, please notify
> the  original  sender immediately by telephone or by
> return e-mail and delete this message, along with any
> attachments, from your computer.  Thank you.

Christian Pearce
http://www.sysnav.com
http://www.commnav.com
http://www.perfectorder.com