Re: cfservd memory/file handle leak?

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: cfservd memory/file handle leak?
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:10:13 -0600

christian pearce wrote:

> I saw a gig over the course of a month. We did stress testing to try
> and qualify a 1000 hosts and saw a growth with in a few days. I will
> have to implement something to restart it. Is there anything we can do
> with strategies to make this happen?

How about something like this?

    strategies:
        { restart_cfservd
            restart_cfservd: "1"
            do_not_restart_cfservd: "99"
        }

    processes:
        restart_cfservd::
            "^root .* cfservd.*$"
                restart "/var/cfengine/bin/cfservd"
                signal=term
                ifelapsed=1440 # No more than once per day
        any::
            # Just in case the restart did not work
            "^root .* cfservd.*$"
                restart "/var/cfengine/bin/cfservd"