help-cgicc

RE: Help me get trough with example.cpp...

From: Stephen F. Booth
Subject: RE: Help me get trough with example.cpp...
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:51:12 -0500

> I'm very new with Linux, and g++ complier, so please help me to
> get through
> my first CGI using cgicc -lib.
>
> This is what I have done:
>
> Install using ./configure, make, and make install
>
> After that cd to example dir, and try this:
> address@hidden example]#  g++ -ansi -pedantic -W -Wall -o test.cgi
> example.cpp -Iincludedir -Llibdir -lcgicc
> example.cpp: In function `int main(int, char **)':
> example.cpp:45: warning: unused parameter `int argc'
> example.cpp:45: warning: unused parameter `char ** argv'
>
> Then I copy test.cgi to my cgi-bin dir, and browser show some error
>
> Then I try to run it from command line like this:
> address@hidden example]# ./test.cgi
> ./test.cgi: error in loading shared libraries: libcgicc.so.1: cannot open
>
> I try to locate that file, but can't find it. Please tell me what to do!

This is a problem with the way libtool handles shared libraries- there isn't
a 'hard' link to the library path in the application, so you have to use
libtool to install it.  The cgicc-3.x/demo/README file has a paragraph about
using libtool:

A Note on libtool
=================

Since cgicc uses libtool to generate the libraries and link against
them, depending on your configuration you may need to use libtool to
copy the applications due to the way runtime search paths are
embedded.  If you are unable to run the applications from the /cgi-bin
directory, use libtool to re-copy them.  From the cgicc/demo
directory, run
  % sh ../libtool --mode=install cp *.cgi cgi-bin/
replacing cgi-bin/ with your webservers cgi-bin directory.

Let me know if this helps.

-Stephen